Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Chocolate Pie


DESCRIPTION

Went to my polling site and voted this morning. There was a PTA bake sale in the lobby and I bought a slice of "fudge pie" from this statuesque MILF. Liked it so much (yeah, I ate a slice of chocolate pie for breakfast) that I went back in and asked for the recipe.

She looked at me a little strangely and I was afraid she might charge me for it, but she wrote it down for me. It was her Little Rock, Arkansas mother-in-law's recipe.

INGREDIENTS

(Pie Crust)
[Look up a decent pie crust recipe: she didn't offer up ingredients for the crust, which wasn't anything too special]

(Filling)
4 eggs
3 tbls Karo syrup
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick of butter, melted
3 oz. UNSWEETENED chocolate, melted

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat eggs. Dump in all the rest and use an electric mixer to incorporate really well.

Pour into your readied pie crust and bake for 35 minutes.

She called it a "fudge pie" and I was expecting it to be really dense like fudge, but it was surprisingly soft. Really simple but lovely.

Vote for change and eat some fucking chocolate pie, America.

No comments: