Sunday, June 04, 2006

That Manno Clam Dip



DESCRIPTION

This one's courtesy of Dr. Helene Manno. It's one of the unique pleasures I enjoy anytime I'm invited over to the Manno Compound. It's brilliant on crackers, chips or just scooped high on a plate. When I die, I'd like to be buried in this.

INGREDIENTS

1 clove garlic, chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup butter

2 cans minced clams ("tuna fish size cans")
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
breadcrumbs

DIRECTIONS

Sauté garlic in olive oil and butter.

Scoop into a big bowl. Add clams, parmesan, and enough breadcrumbs to give the mixture a thick consistency.

This is one of the few recipes on here that I haven't actually tried making on my own. I actually fear my access to this recipe. I'm liable to make enough of it to kill myself several times over. Moderation? What's that?

No comments: